Source: Intermediate Technology Development Group Limited (ITDG)
Date: Jan 2004
This resource pack contains guidelines for planning post-disaster management. Its content draws attention to multiple aspects such as:
- What points to consider in rebuilding after a disaster.
- Using hazard, risk & vulnerability assessment, and capacity assessment in planning for rebuilding
- Engaging the community
- Paying attention to women’s and gender issues in responding after the Tsunami crisis
- Disability Sensitive Planning for rehabilitation / reconstruction
- Community early warning systems
- Understanding concepts on hazards, disasters and vulnerability.
This pack has been made to assist those engaged in post-disaster rebuilding.
View the full document (PDF *, 768 KB)