21 February 2005
· UNICEF drafts a framework for psycho-social response to guide all future activities
· UNICEF embarks on a strategic planning exercise to put in place a three year strategic framework for post-tsunami activities
· Training for the second phase of the joint needs assessment begins this week, with participation of UNICEF staff
· Follow-up assessments for 43 out of a total of 45 unaccompanied children have now been completed
· Hygiene promotion is a major focus of UNICEF activities in all districts.
· Concern over growing media hostility towards the UN in the aftermath of the SG’s visit and condolences over the death of senior LTTE official.
Download the report